By Amy M. Karch
Quick A-to-Z entry to present, actual Drug Information!
The 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide, the great nursing drug source for nurses and nursing scholars, is now up to date with greater than 1,200 additions and alterations to supply the main actual drug details available.
This accomplished drug advisor comprises the nursing approach to supply broad medicine details, with whole monographs on seven-hundred universal drugs—including 15 new drugs—and appendices that summarize key details on two hundred much less everyday medicines. prepared alphabetically by way of prevalent drug identify, this drug source presents speedy entry to the data had to hinder drug mistakes and administer medicines accurately and accurately.
The 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug advisor offers:
* greater than 1,200 new additions, alterations, and updates on symptoms, dosages, and administration
* NEW indicators to MRSA-risk antibiotics
* NEW “Tall Man” lettering to avoid confusion of equally named medications
* NEW appendix of drug-related web content, together with the nutrients and Drug management (FDA) and facilities for illness keep an eye on (CDC) sites
* whole monographs containing customary and exchange names, pronunciations, being pregnant probability classification, managed substance agenda, drug sessions, healing activities, symptoms, contraindications and cautions, on hand types, dosages, pharmacokinetics, IV proof, opposed results, interactions, and nursing considerations—including review, interventions, instructing issues
* A picture "alert" image for medications that can't be overwhelmed, lower, or chewed
* A 32-page full-color photograph consultant to tablets and pills
* Icons picking out risky medicines and new symptoms
* Interactions through drug-drug, drug-food, drug-lab exams, and drug-alternative treatment
* An appendix for top practices on disposal of medicines
* An appendix of sufferer educating to avoid medicine error
* An appendix with mini-monographs on over two hundred much less favourite drugs
On the spouse website—NEW drug info and resources!
* NCLEX-style overview questions
* Patient-teaching aids and different sufferer defense resources
* guidance for distinct populations
* Reference tools
Read Online or Download 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide PDF
Similar nursing books
Completely up to date for its moment version, this evaluate consultant provides scholars perform and self belief in answering the 5 different types of "alternate-format" questions used at the present NCLEX-PN®—multiple-response multiple-choice questions, fill-in-the-blank goods, chart/exhibit goods, drag and drop, and questions according to illustrations.
This workbook permits scholars to perform and checklist the mastery of talents present in Taylor's medical Nursing talents, 3rd variation through supplying checklists designed to list each step of every process. This set of checklists is efficacious as a self-assessment software for college kids and a method for school to checklist pupil functionality.
This publication is aimed toward all certified nurses and future health viewers hoping to come back to perform after a profession holiday and makes an attempt to supply a re-introduction and replace on some of the concerns already encountered via skilled nurses, and an creation to new strategies and develoments based on present ideas and guidance on education for re-entry.
This new textual content is geared toward allied wellbeing and fitness execs, nurses and scholars, supporting them to make the hyperlinks among future health promoting conception and perform. summary: This new textual content is aimed toward allied overall healthiness execs, nurses and scholars, assisting them to make the hyperlinks among well-being promoting conception and perform
- Pain Management: Expanding the Pharmacological Options
- Emergency Medicine: Expert Consult
- Journey Across the Life Span: Human Development and Health Promotion
- Ophthalmic Nursing, 3rd Edition
- Interpersonal Relationships
Additional resources for 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide
Question: What dose of lidocaine should be administered to patients with renal failure, liver failure or patients who are elderly? Answer: Give half doses of lidocaine in patients with renal failure, liver failure, or who are elderly. CARDIOVASCULAR EMERGENCIES 33 Question: What is the antidote for warfarin (Coumadin)? Answer: Vitamin K. Notes:_____________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ Fast facts in a nutshell • Heparin affects partial thromboplastin time (PTT).
Question: What test should be done prior to administering heparin or thrombolytics? Answer: Hemoccult stool, coagulant studies. Question: What is the antidote for heparin? Answer: Protamine sulfate. Question: A patient allergic to shellﬁsh might also be allergic to what medication? Answer: Protamine sulfate. Notes:_____________________________________________ _________________________________________________ _________________________________________________ 22 FAST FACTS FOR THE ER NURSE Arterial Occlusion Arterial occlusion means a clogged artery.
Signs and symptoms A. Right-sided: pitting pedal edema and jugular vein distention. B. Left-sided: crackles; shortness of breath; pulmonary edema (rales); tachypnea; distended jugular veins; and ventricular gallop. 3. , furosemide, morphine, and nitroglycerin) CARDIOVASCULAR EMERGENCIES 19 • Provide Foley catheter, bedside commode, or bedpan for frequent urination after furosemide. Fast facts in a nutshell Question: Which patient position is best to hear S3 (ventricular gallop), S4 (atrial gallop)?
2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug Guide by Amy M. Karch